- The greatest level of virus inactivation took place at 50%RH.
- The lowest level of virus inactivation took place at 20%RH.
- Inactivation was more rapid at 20°C than at 4°C at all humidity levels.
- Both viruses were inactivated more rapidly at 40°C than at 20°C.
- The relationship between inactivation and RH was not monotonic, and there was greater survival or a greater protective effect at low RH (20%) and high RH (80%) than at moderate RH (50%).
- Infectious virus deposited on stainless steel surfaces persisted for at least 3 days at 50%RH (20°C) and for up to 28 days at 20%RH (-2 log10).
The study suggests that the animal coronaviruses studied (TGEV and MHV) could serve as conservative surrogates for modelling exposure, transmission risk, and control measures for human pathogenic viruses, such as SARS-CoV and other coronaviruses.
Check Out this link for a in depth briefing! Call us for Humidity Control solutions, Capture and Kill Filtration originally made for the government in the case of germ warfare, and other proven technologies! In the end if your truly concerned and want to add protection in a interior space, don’t settle for falsely marked products.