Did you know that the common cold and the flu may be avoided very simply? According to a Harvard University publication, living and working in an environment with maintained relative humidity can reduce, if not eliminate the spread and transmission rates of the common cold and the flu. The professional installation of entire building or home humidifier(s) is a proven, evidence based solution to you and your family’s (including your pets) health! Why is an entire home or building unit recommended? It’s actually pretty simple. A typical 2000 square foot building requires approximately 17 gallons of evaporative capacity according to The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute. Indoor Air Quality Associates provides professionally manufactured units to provide the necessary capacities required without daily maintenance needed to be performed by the building/house owner. Standalone units sold by on line or traditional store retailers are generic units that require the owner to fill the unit on a continuous, daily basis. This is inconvenient and may be physically demanding.
Some Benefits of having a professional humidifier solution:
- Moisturizes Your Skin and Lips
- Protects Your Throat
- Soothes Your Sinuses
- Eases Symptoms of Illness
- Maintains Healthy Cilia In Your Respiratory Tract (extremely important to halt illness!!!)
- Reduces Snoring
- Increases Personal Comfort (heat alone doesn’t make you feel warm)
- Humidifies Your Houseplants
- Protects Your Furniture & Floors (without humidification a 2000 sq. ft. home loses about 5 tons, or 10,000 pounds of weight during the winter)
- Reduces Pet Shedding
- Reduces Pet Dander Exacerbated By Dry Skin
- Reduces Energy Costs By Allowing You To Lower The Temperature On Your Thermostat (for every 3% of relative humidity, the thermostat can be decreased by 1 degree and the temperature will feel the same, if not warmer).
- Eliminates Static Electricity